Oprah Winfrey came from a simple background, inherited nothing, didn’t study at an elite university, and probably only bought stocks long after she was rich.
So many people have the wrong ideas about getting rich. The most common misconceptions are these:
- People get rich because they are lucky
- People can only get rich if they had an excellent education
- People get rich because they invest in stocks
- People get rich because of their parents’ connections
- People only get rich at the expense of others
- Most rich people inherit their wealth