A rundown of the ten most read people moves to feature on eprivateclient in September 2022...
1. (22/09/22) Equiom Group appointed former eprivateclient 50 Most Influential Farah Ballands as its new chair. Prior to joining Equiom, she was the chief executive of Ocorian but stepped down in January last year. 2021 eprivateclient 50 Most Influential - Frederik van Tuyll - took over the responsibilities of the firm’s chief executive role in addition to his role as chairman in March 2021.
2. (13/09/22) Tax and consulting firm RSM UK appointed Matt Taylor as a tax disputes partner within its private client team in London. Mr Taylor has over 25 years’ experience in resolving tax disputes with HMRC, having joined RSM from PwC where he spent 19 years advising corporates, high net worth individuals and partnerships.
3. (21/09/22) Jersey-based private client fiduciary specialist Nicola Gott joined global corporate and trust services provider IQ-EQ as a managing director. She joined the firm this month from Oak Group. Ms Gott – who has worked in the offshore fiduciary sector for over 13 years – had worked at Oak since 2018, holding the roles of Oak Jersey’s managing director as well as acting as the group’s chief commercial officer since December last year.
4. (27/09/22) Legal and professional services business Knights appointed private wealth industry veteran Nick Rucker to lead its private wealth team. Mr Rucker - who was named as an eprivateclient 50 Most Influential in 2017, 2018 and 2019 - has more than 25 years’ experience in professional and financial services. He joined as client services director and will lead Knights’ private wealth team – bringing colleagues from across the business together.
5. (12/09/22) UK law firm Penningtons Manches Cooper added a new family law partner. Emma Willing joined the law firm from rivals Mishcon de Reya and will be based in the latter’s Guildford office.
Ms Willing has worked at Mishcon de Reya since 2009 and was promoted to partner in November last year. Prior to joining Mishcon she worked at Mayfair-based boutique family law specialist firm Camilla Baldwin Solicitors from 2007 to 2009, having trained at Penningtons Manches Cooper beforehand.
6. (29/09/22) London-based law firm Sheridans hired Priya Palanivel as a partner in its family group. Ms Palanivel is an experienced family lawyer and mediator, who joins the firm from specialist family law firm, Rayden Solicitors.
Ms Palanivel was recently the lead solicitor for the wife in XZ v YZ  EWFC 49 (20 May 2022), Gallagher v Gallagher (No 1) (Reporting Restrictions)  EWFC 52 and Gallagher v Gallagher (No 2) (Financial Remedies)  EWFC 53.
7. (16/09/22) Former eprivateclient 2018, 2019 Channel Islands and 2020 UK Top 35 Under 35 Nichola Aldridge joined offshore law firm Appleby as counsel. Before Ms Aldridge joined Appleby, she worked for rival offshore law firm Carey Olsen for nine years. At Carey Olsen, she was a legal assistant, associate for trusts and private wealth and was promoted to senior associate in 2018.
8. (06/09/22) London law firm Hunters Law hired Olivia Piercy as a partner in its family department.
Ms Piercy has joined Hunters from Bindmans, where she headed the latter’s family department. She has a diverse practice ranging from high net worth financial claims on divorce to surrogacy, and cross-border enforcement of financial orders to child abduction work.
9. (15/09/22) HSBC Global Private Banking (GPB) appointed Sharnika Silva as head of trust and fiduciary services for South East Asia. Based in Singapore, Ms Silva will be responsible for driving HSBC Trustee’s strategic initiatives in South East Asia.
10. (29/09/22) Audit, tax, advisory and risk firm Crowe appointed Jennifer McNally as a partner in its private client team.
Ms McNally has joined from Blick Rothenberg after nearly nine years. At Blick Rothenberg, she started as a manager for private client services, before becoming a senior manager and latterly a director.