A look at the ten most read people moves featured on eprivateclient in January 2022.
1. (26/01/2022) Boutique law firm Allard Bailey Family Law welcomed Siobhan Lomasney as a partner in its London team. Ms Lomasney joined from Fletcher Day, where she had been a partner in the family department since 2020.
2. (10/01/2022) 2020 eprivateclient 50 Most Influential Clare Stirzaker joined Boodle Hatfield from PwC, where she led the Big Four advisory firm's private client legal team. Ms Stirzaker specialises in succession planning and related legal and tax matters for international private clients and family offices.
3. (13/01/2022) The family office and private client (FO & PC) practice at KPMG UK promoted Craig Rowlands to partner as the firm continues to grow its team that supports high net worth and family office clients. Mr Rowlands has been with KPMG for more than a decade and leads the FO & PC practice’s offering in Reading.
4. (05/01/2022) International law firm Withers added Paul Jebely as a senior partner based in its Hong Kong office and head of its newly-launched global asset finance practice. He has joined the firm from Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman, where he was managing partner of its Hong Kong office and co-chair of the firm's private wealth and asset finance practices.
5. (12/01/2022) UK law firm Wedlake Bell hired George Merrylees as a partner in its private client offshore team. Mr Merrylees has joined from Irwin Mitchell, a firm he practised at since 2014 and where he was a partner for over four years.
6. (19/01/2022) International law firm Withers added Sarah Melaney as a partner in its Withers tech team. She has joined the firm in London from Brown Rudnick. Ms Melaney advises on a broad range of transatlantic corporate transactions, for both private and public companies, including venture capital, equity capital markets, M&A and corporate governance.
7. (18/01/2022) UK law firm Farrer & Co hired Shaikha Al Jalahma into its private client team as an associate. She has joined from Trowers & Hamlins where she was an associate in the Dubai office.
8. (21/01/2022) Irwin Mitchell appointed a highly experienced will disputes partner and a specialist solicitor in Birmingham. Kamal Majevadia has joined the firm’s will, trust and estates dispute team - the largest specialist national team in the UK and acts for hundreds of clients each year.
9. (13/01/2022) PwC UK appointed Laura Hinton as its new head of tax. As UK tax leader, Ms Hinton’s new role will include leadership of PwC UK’s tax, legal and people and organisation practices. Ms Hinton has over 25 years’ experience as a business consultant, specialising in HR and workforce transformation, operating model programmes and culture change.
10. (05/01/2022) Global fiduciary services provider IQ-EQ named Emma Crabtree as its new group chief commercial officer (CCO). Ms Crabtree - who has over 26 years of experience in financial service institutions – takes over the role from Kevin O’Connell, IQ-EQ’s CCO since July 2012 and who was named as an eprivateclient 50 Most Influential in 2019 and 2020.